- Examining the current limitations of AI and the area’s most ripe for further expansion
- Highlighting the importance of narrow AI as a tool for future business growth
- Clarifying how AI utilises big data to analyse trends and patterns allowing for more precise decision-making and business predications
APAC Director – AI Platform Services
- Developing a robust data strategy that prioritises data quality
- Using good actionable data to ensure your AI/ML platforms are working smarter not harder
- Understanding what to do if you encounter problems when implementing digital transformation initiatives
Chief Data Officer
- Improving the quality, safety and efficiency of Australian business through the implementation and future development of AI
- Discussing how AI can be used to address national problems by building on existing AI frameworks
- Highlighting the Government’s commitment to increasing Australia’s skills base to make the most of the AI revolution
The Hon. Karen Andrews
Minister for Industry, Science and Technology
Australian Government (Invited)
- Examining the role AI and data analysis plays in improving delivery of government services
- Enhancing data across government departments
- Rolling out new and improved services based on quantifiable data and long-range planning
Dr Ian Oppermann
NSW Government Chief Data Scientist
NSW Department of Customer Service
This panel will examine the importance of scaling AI and the challenges most commonly faced by businesses who are in the process of doing it.
- What do you recommend as the most critical focus areas to investigate before launching new AI scaling pilot programs?
- What are the best strategies for overcoming bottlenecks to ensure that data is easily accessible?
- What are the critical requirements necessary to understand before attempting to scale AI?
- What are the key challenges organisations face when they begin trying to scale their AI, and how can they overcome these challenges?
Data Science Leader
Chief Data Officer| Executive General Manager
Dr Rose Skandari
Data Science Manger
ME Bank (ACS top 25 analytics leaders 2020)
Dr Artak Amirbekyan
Head of Data, AI & ML
Dr Nandita Sharma
Director – Data Science
Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
Dr Liming Zhu, Research Director, Software and Computational Systems and Interim Director, Engineering and Design, CSIRO’s Data61, joins us to discuss some of the exciting work CSIRO’s Data61 are doing in AI to enable Australian industry to deliver innovative products and services. Dr Zhu will also discuss operationalising high-level responsible and ethical AI principles in products and how as a by-product of ethical AI some programs are actually generates better functional products and services
Dr Leila Alem
Adjunct Professor – Human-Computer Interaction
University of Technology
Dr Liming Zhu
Research Director, Software and Computational Systems and Interim Director, Engineering and Design